Sunday, January 6, 2008

Whirlwind Wildwood Weekend






Wow!  What a whilrwind of a weekend for us!  You probably can not tell by the picture, but Keenan and I got gussied up... and went away together for the weekend.  It began with a thought I had earlier this week - to surprise Keenan with a quick get away somewhere near Dallas Executive Airport where he works ( He has to be there by 4 A.M!)  So, I thought that even if it was just for an evening - it might be nice just to steal a few UNinterrupted moments for US.  
But, I was needing to find a sitter on short notice.  And, babysitters were in short supply at the moment!  ( Mom is in bed with a dissolving blood clot)
Later in the day I called his mother, because I noticed she had called.  Well, to my surprise she was actually calling to see if she could 'have' our kids for the evening.  COULD she?  Next task was getting the kids to calm down after letting them know they were going to get to go spend time with their "Grandmom".   Babysitter? Check. Calm Kids? Not so much.  ( Thank you, Beverly....Your timing was impeccable! - We love you!)  
Now, it was on to finding a hotel - or bed and breakfast - whatever I could find.   I was not having any luck.  So, I called Keenan wth my plan - and apparently he had been doing ALOT of phone calling himself.  To my delight and PLEASANT SURPRISE - He had cancelled ALL of his flights for the following dates JUST FOR ME.  Not a small feat  - having to call each student directly and tell them he was cancelling.  I have such a great guy, don't I?!  Not only were we going to have MORE time with one another, but he had made reservations, as well.  At one of our favorite places:  The Wildwood Inn.  It is a breathtaking home that serves as a charming bed and breakfast - I am going to try and post the link so you can see ALL the rooms - not just ours.  Numbers 12 & 13 are my favorite, I think.  Anyway, needless to say, we were both tired, but we enjoyed unwinding at dinner.We  decided on yummy "Mi Cocina"  - Mmmm. ( I recommend the Mamas Tacos - Get the corn tortillas not flour. Get the chicken , not the beef.)   Then it was on to our lovely room at the Inn. ( On the way Keenan told me our friend; Jordan tried to get us Dallas Maverick tickets - Thanks Jordan, that was extremely thoughtful!)
Then it was on to The WILDWOOD! We slept like little babies.  ( OK, not so little)  I mean we had to sleep fast - their famous Saturday breakfast was at 8:30 A.M!  You know us, we are all about the food!  (That was the reason we decided to go here and not the W Hotel....Inclusive Breakfast! )  I learned Sarah's secret(the owner) for the white chocolate reaspberry scones. MMmmmmmmmmmm.  I even took pictures of them, too.  They are too beautiful.
The rest of our afternoon was spent, er.... WASTED  ( 2 hours and 45 minutes of our lives that can never be had again.)  At a HORRIBLE movie called...I know....the name should have been a precursor to its content:  "There Will Be Blood".  O.K., so we should have known better, but I even thought it was supposed to be a 'western".  And it was.......A  FREAKISHLY WEIRD western.  Anyway, then it was on to get the children, take them to see Alvin and the Chipmunks and go home - - whew!  
Now we are home -  and happy to be so, again!

1 comment:

The Oswalds said...

How special that you were both planning something at the same time. So glad you both had a wonderful whirlwind wildwood weekend. Love seeing pics too!

Thanks for the comments on our blog.

Love you both!
Shauna