Saturday, March 15, 2008

Crouching Lawson, Hidden Landry...






As if my son needed any help fueling the fire of testosterone running rampant in his veins, we signed him up for the super sport of TAE KWON DO - Our little "Crouching Tiger" was thrust into this class by his parentals, of course.  The first trial class went fine until mid-class when Crouching Tiger suddenly lost his spunk, burst into tears and ran to his father in the parent section.  Why?  We have no idea.  So, being the meanies that we are, we did NOT let him just quit because of a ew waterworks!  He eventually told us, that he was 'scared of karate'  - - -To which I replied - "Well, great!  Because it ISN'T 'Karate', ...It's TAE KWON DO! ...So you have nothing to fear." Then I proceeded to show him MY version of a round house kick to the face. - No, just kidding...I simply showed him in a motherly fashion how to politely DOMINATE HIS OPPONENT!  Hi-YAH! No, really....I actually did practice his snap kicks with him.  
THEN, he made us chuckle when he told us that the REAL reason he did not do 'karate' that time, is because he did not have the suit for it.  What did we do promptly, the next day?  That's right....we got him the 'suit'  - - - the "gi" , as tae kwon do students call it.  ( Why must they dress them in ALL WHITE? ugh. - I have gone through two bottles of Shout this week!)
As for the title this time, if you have never heard of the cool martial arts film "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" , then I apologize for the confusion.  
As for our "Hidden Landry", she is,.... well.....HIDDEN from this post, simply because I have no photos of her doing her new thing- - - CHEERLEADING.  (Woo Hoo! !) - You know this former cheerleader and coach is thrilled.  But, of course I will go back to being "unopinionated"  Should she decide it is not the path for her!  As I have said before, I have no need to live vicariously through her...I had my 10 years of cheering and 16+ years of coaching to last me - but, boy, do I still LOVE it.  ( And to sound like a doting mother, she is pretty sharp at it!)
Oh, but back to Lawson....TKD update - - -It has been at least four weeks since that introductory class and he is really getting into it - I will have to practice my video skills to show you HIS skills and Landry's...  We are proud, can you tell?  
Well, it's off to pack for our Spring Break trip to Ruidoso & Red River, NM!  ( Please pray for everyone's HEALTH on this journey.  Several already ill, but recovering.  And, I am concerned about getting altitude sickness like last time, but still believing that I will NOT!)   Happy Spring Break, Y'all!

2 comments:

The Oswalds said...

Great job Lawson!! I love your "white suit"! You look like you stepped right out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Have you learned that flying move yet?
Now Landry can stand on the TKD mat-sidelines & cheer for Lawson. That would be a great video!
Have fun on Spring Break. I know you would have more fun here visiting us. But snow-skiing should be okay too. Be safe & healthy!

Love,
Aunt Shauna, Uncle Joel, Cousin Kylee & Cousin-Canine Chuy

Unknown said...

Love the pictures, Lawson! Glad you had fun skiing too! I will look forward to seeing you soon.
Grandmom