Sunday, February 3, 2008

Short hair, Studio, Superbowl & Silver State SURPRISE!

Forgive me for the All "S" Title - It seems that I have made it a habit in the last couple of posts...  It just so happens that it worked for updating you guys on our weekend this time, as well!   

The first one, although you may not find it noteworthy,....I do.  And, well....it IS all about me here in Leatherwood Land...:0) I got my hair cut.  No, I do not have ANY pictures to accompany this post.  Did you know that digital cameras have to be recharged?  Well, "you -know-who" did not get that memo until too late.  YKW is me, BTW! ( Using these acronyms makes me feel like SUCH a computer savvy SNOB.)  Anywho...

Second "S" ... I am proud to announce that Keenan has completed helping build the Studio Movie Grill in Plano, TX.  And I got my new 'do just in time to accompany him on the red carpet. Er...well, it was actually just concrete..... grey.concrete, to be exact.  We were treated to dinner ( That's code for "we appreciate your hard work so much that we will allow you to play guinea pig to our wait staff and chefs. )  Either way, we weren't complaining... Free movie (Cloverfield), Free FOOD and a night out with my high school sweetheart.... It was a real treat!  

Third "S" is... Superbowl - pretty self-explanatory - Our party was held at my brother's house - Good food and 'fellowship'.  Lots of laughs - took an accidental nap on his den floor. Nevertheless,  I even actually know who won!  

And the last one - this will SURPRISE ALL OF YOU .  No, don't even be humorous about us contributing another Mini-Leatherwood to this world.     No, this is actually bittersweet news.  As I am blogging, I can still hear Keenan on the phone with all of his students from Silver State Helicopters asking them if they are sitting down.  He has the daunting task of informing them that they, along with himself have ALL BEEN TERMINATED as of 5:00P.M. today.  Silver State Helicopters is closing all doors - All of them in the U.S.  by tonight.  Yah.  I know.  Wow.  Shocker.  Keenan was on his way to the superbowl party when he was told to come and clear out all of his personal belongings because there was a RUMOR.  However, now the rumor has been confirmed.  

So, we are not only praising God that HE IS NEVER SURPRISED... but praying that HE will take care of those that are being affected negatively by this.  Thank you, Lord that our source & supply is not Pie in the sky - it is not Silver State Helicopters - or even Air-Kraft Mechanical, L.L.C.. , but in YOU!  I always said the only parties God won't show up at are Surprise parties and PITY parties....We are hosting neither this evening!  PTL!  

Well, please let us know how YOUR weekend was!  I LOVE seeing your comments - please let me know if you have visited the site! No anonymous visitors allowed, Jordan Ransom. :0) 

'Till Next Time...

Rhea

3 comments:

Julianna Farmer said...

Send me your e-mail, and I can send you a pic of your new haircut.
Julianna

The Oswalds said...

I want to see the haircut! I am sure you look beautiful. Next, Cloverfield? Isn't that scary? Next, What? Terminated?! Guess I will call & get details on this one. Wow!

Jordan said...

Jordan was here ;)