Friday, December 21, 2007

GOOD GIFTS!

Pretty paper....Pretty ribbons...of blue-oo-oo-oo. ...la la la la la la la la mm oooooo. Yes, this is how I sing. I am aware that that is NOT how the famous song goes, but oh well....If you haven't noticed the time of my posting, ( off by three hours?!?) it is nearly 3 AM. I have only wrapped one package - (for my doll baby niece, Kylee) and I am spent. Anyway, I applaud anyone who has everything wrapped and under the tree. My dear friend, Courtney let it slip the other day that she wraps everything IMMEDIATELY when she brings it into the house. (Yes, that includes the items she purchased earlier in the YEAR.) Gag.

I had the privilege of spending the majority of the evening with my husband for the purpose of purchasing the remainder of our children's gifts. We had the BEST time. What was it that made us so giddy? I dunno. Maybe it was our trip down memory lane as we saw nostalgic toys from OUR childhoods? ( Remember Pound Puppies and Cabbage Patch Dolls? How 'bout Slot car tracks and Mad Balls? Perhaps it was merely the thought of seeing our children's faces light up like a Christmas tree? Or hearing them giggle and belly laugh at the sheer excitement of ripping into their packages? I am not sure where OUR delight came from. But, it gave me a very vivid picture of how OUR FATHER delights in us and LOVES to give good gifts to HIS children! My, how the heavens must light up when we truly appreciate the first breath we take in the morning....Or, how he must belly laugh and shake the floors of Heaven when he sees us do something silly. I hope I can make him laugh - (Lord knows I fall enough...literally - - It's kinda sad.) And I pray that all of YOU realize how much YOUR Heavenly Father DELIGHTS in YOU. You are precious in HIS sight and in MINE.

Love,
Rhea

1 comment:

The Oswalds said...

Rhea, I love this post. I can just see the two of you frolicking through the mall, "delighting in Christmas". Sure do miss you this year! I love you & Kylee loves you for wrapping her present first. :o)

Shauna