Wednesday, December 19, 2007

HOME for the HOLIDAYS

This blog is entirely dedicated to those who. for one reason or another have extra special reasons to wonder what Christmas is like in Heaven. While I know it must be fabulous, and he is not wanting for ANYTHING this world can give, (nor I), here I sit, approximately 1665 days later...Missing Landon Schaefer Leatherwood. How can I help it? I still have his little face staring back at me from behind the glass of several picture frames. Will I ever take them down? Only time will tell. We have not felt the NEED to thus far... However, I know that I will also want to frame my kids' futures. Landry's graduation photos, wedding photos - Lawson's too, of course! But, for now, they remind me of the part of me that is already helping Jesus blow out his birthday candles. Why EVER would Landon want to be here? Would Jesus even allow him to WANT to do that? What could we offer him that he does not already have in His Creator? That's right. NOTHING! That is why, although I have times like these, when I am just imagining what it would be like to see him with his older sister and younger brother all in one bed, anticipating the arrival of Santa - - - I know Landon is home - and you know what they say.....There's NO place like HOME for the holidays!

2 comments:

Julianna Farmer said...

I love you!
Julianna

The Oswalds said...

Thanks for the sweet tears. I miss that sweet face too.

Love you!
Shauna